Re: Oracle 8i on Fedora

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:24:52 +1000

i5513 wrote:

> Hi, I don't know if this forum is correct for this question. I post it
> here because is the Oracle's group most active.
>
> I installed Oracle 8.17 client and apache and php with Oracle support
> on my fedora 0.94. I had to change glibc, because a conflict with
> GLIBC_2.
>
> Now, when I have installed Oracle 8.17 + php and php connect with
> Oracle server, I can't use apt-get because it says that depending
> fails (with libclntsh.so.8.0). If I try a "apt-get -f install", it
> want's to remove php.
>
> php is build from src.rpm, changing spec file.
>
> Does somebody know about it? Thank you!

Definitely not my area of expertise, but downgrades of glibc I've done to get 9i installed on Fedora, for example, are totally reversible once the Oracle executables have been compiled/linked.

Upgrading the glibc stuff, in other words, doesn't break an already-functioning Oracle install that was linked with the old glibc libraries.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed May 19 2004 - 05:24:52 CDT