Re: Product road map

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:23:48 -0700

Andrew Madsen wrote:

> Does anyone out there know where I can get the product road map for Oracle
> products? I am specifically looking for the end of life for 9i.

To the best of my knowledge no announcement has been made with respect to end-of-life for 9i. 8i is December of this year but the 9i death notice is probably related to two as yet known items.

  1. How soon 10g is considered ready for Oracle's own apps suites
  2. How soon 10g is adopted by the user base

I would expect you have a few years before it will become an issue.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu