Re: tnsnames.ora posted to web page(use TNS_ADMIN?)

From: ANA C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:19:36 -0700

Chuck B wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> My new company posts their common tnsnames.ora file to a web page on
> the intranet that everyone has access to. The idea is that when they
> update it, you just go get the copy and overwrite your local tns file.
> What I would like to do is to set the registry entry(TNS_ADMIN) to
> point to that web page if possible. I know how to tweak the entry to
> point it to a non-standard location and I can accomplish this fine.
> However, I don't think it's possible to have the registry entry
> resolve an http address. Nothing I'm trying is working.
>
> Has anyone tried this?

I doubt anybody else is foolish enough to think it could be done.

> Thanks,
> Chuck

It appears that you enough to be real dangerous to yourself & others. You don't seem to have a clue as to really what a "web page" is. I suggest you push away from the keyboard slowly so nobody gets hurt. I will conceed that you are aware of a number of buzz words, but it appears you have ZERO understanding of any underlying technologies. Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 19:19:36 CDT