Re: alter tablespace ... temporary

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:07:56 GMT

You might need to make sure the tablespace is not in use, otherwise you might get "Resource Busy" error.

You can create a temp temporary tablespace, assign users to it, modify this one, alter users again.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 20:58:12 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2004 08:51:18 -0500, "Jenny Wang"
><jennyw_at_housing.tamu.edu> wrote:
>
>>Currently our TEMP tablespace is permanent in our 8.1.5. server. We need to
>>change it to temporary. When issue "alter tablespace ... temporary", can
>>Database be in normal system operation or has to be in restricted mode.
>>Also, when does the tablespace change from permanent to temporary take
>>place, after instance starts next time?
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Jenny
>>jennyw_at_housing.tamu.edu
>>

>1) the database doesn't need to be in restricted mode
>2) the change is effected immediately
>

>--
>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 16:07:56 CDT