Updateable Snapshot changes sent back from master on refresh?

From: Chris Irwin <chrissirwin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 May 2004 14:04:32 -0700

Hi,

I have setup Updateable Snapshots on Oracle 8i with one master and one snapshot site. I have before row triggers defined on the snapshot site on the tables that are replicated from the master site.

When I make a chnage to a table on the snapshot site and do a fast refresh, which pushes the snapshot changes to the master first, my UPDATING trigger fires with all values being exactly what was pushed over to the master site. I was just wondering whether this si correct beahviour?

It's only a problem for me because we are creating versions of the table rows when they are updated and this of course creates an extra version of the just updated row.

Thanks,

Chris Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 16:04:32 CDT