oracle 9.2.0.4.0 red hat 9

From: tglahn17 <tglahn17_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 May 2004 11:31:53 -0700

Hi,

I'm having problems installing Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat 9. During runInstaller, I get numerous errors about something wrong with the target of makefile in various directories. Also, many of the assistants, like the Database Configuration Assistant don't get installed. I can start sqlplus. But then I can't mount the starter database I created during the installation. Also, when I try to run dbca, I get this error:

/hutch/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference (libzip.so)
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread Could not create Java VM

The strange thing about this is that I've installed Java 1.4.2. Why is it looking for Java 1.1.8? I did notice in the Oracle installer interface that it was installing Java 1.1.8. Is Java 1.1.8 a permananet part of the Oracle installer? Thanks for any advice, Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 13:31:53 CDT