How to test Dblink is Up or not

From: Brij <jalanbk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 May 2004 10:27:20 -0700

Hi,

   I am having Multiple oarcle database server with same schema. sometimes i have to access other database server to get some information for that i am using dblink.
Now my problem is if because of some network error or due to link failure if i can not connect to database specified by DBlink then it goes into a long wait...
Is there any way to first test DBLINK whether it's Up or not and then proceed using Sql stored procedure or Developer 2k. Brij Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 12:27:20 CDT