Re: RAC for Reporting...!

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 May 2004 07:36:59 -0700

Mark,

After some detailed investigation I have come to the realisation that Materialised Views can't be used in this environment. This is due to the addition of row level security which is added into the query definition at runtime (driven by the application).

You mentioned that I could use Logical Standby on table with a LONG datatype column since Oracle would just ignore this column.. Have you implemented this before.? I need to know if this is possible before setting up an environment to prove the concept.

Thanks for you time

Matt Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 09:36:59 CDT