Re: clients lossing there connection to oracle server

From: taan <taan.16fzly_at_mail.mcse.ms>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 01:37:30 -0500

hi all:
i'm not expert in oracle but i'm network administrator and we have

oracle data base server, our network have two subnets"

192.168.0.0
192.168.1.0

every thing is gonna alright but some clients (not all) from subnet

192.168.0.0 lost there connection to the server suddenly( after

the programmer make some change at thier clients) and then get

back again..when i ping to oracle server (192.168.1.113) i get:

REQUEST TIME OUT. when i ping to other servers (gateway and mail server )at the same

moment i can reach them ..the oracle server disconnected for few

seconds and then connect again.

i think it's a subnet problem but there is other client from the same

subnet working just fine.

1- can the programmer make the clients to disconnect at specific time and then reconnect again??
2- can it be a heavy load problem???
3- if the installation of the client was wrong can this leed to the problem???

what do you think...?????

--
taan