problem installing 10g

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 17 May 2004 17:32:40 -0700

I installed this once, but in a 9i home because I wasn't paying attention. I'm doing this at home. Not for work. So its not urgent. This is on Windows XP.

I run 'setup', Oracle apparently chooses a hidden temp directory to unzip several files. You don't get to choose. Fine.

The Universal Installer Launches. It gives me 5 sources to choose from, all of them give me the following error:

Invalid Staging Area. There are no top level components.

So its the wrong path. Any way you can choose where Oracle unzips all this stuff? Received on Mon May 17 2004 - 19:32:40 CDT