Re: Need assist w/ BEFORE INSERT trigger

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 07:39:25 +1000

Ed Stevens wrote:

>>HJR

> Howard,
>
> Seems to be a problem with the web site. I get to the "Autonumbering
> -- Introduction" page ok, but after that, whenever I click a
> pointer/link to any one of the subsections ("Creating the Sequence,
> Part 1", "Creating the Sequence, Part 2") all I get is Creating the
> Sequence, Part 1. Using my browser to view the source code for the
> Introduction page shows that all of these links point to the same
> page.
>
> Using the "forward" buttons on each page worked to get me through the
> series.
>
> And thanks to all for the pointers.

It's a "feature" Ed.

You can't drop into a *particular* section by clicking on it's ">", but clicking on *any* section's ">" then allows you to page through using the -> or <- things.

I think that's precisely what you're describing, and it's intended to be like that.

I may change it if enough people complain, but then again I may not. I sort of want to force people to at least move their eyes over the complete text. Given the way I write, most of the sections have clear antecedants and descendants, and dependencies abound, so it makes (sort of) sense that you have to read the lot, and not just cherry-pick.

Thanks for commenting, though.

Cheers
HJR Received on Mon May 17 2004 - 16:39:25 CDT