Re: SQL PLUS

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:49:25 +0200

Chris wrote:
> This does not stop the input file (this file) being listed to the
> screen before the results. It also does not stop the file appearing in
> the spooled file if I spool it out. Any thoughts on how to stop it
> being displayed?
>
> SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000
> SET ECHO OFF
> SET FEEDBACK OFF
> BEGIN
> DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('test');
> END;
> ..
> run;
>
> Thanks,
> Chris.

That's strange. What version of SQL*Plus do you use? On my system it works as desired:

/usr/home/la> cat atest.sql
SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000
SET ECHO OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
BEGIN
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('test');
END;
/
/usr/home/la> sqlplus / @atest.sql

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mo Mai 17 18:43:59 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Verbunden mit:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

test
Abgelaufen: 00:00:00.04
SQL> Maybe you have to check your login.sql for any unwanted settings. In my case I would have to add "SET TIMING OFF" to suppress the display of the runtime. This is because my login.sql contains "SET TIMING ON".

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de