Re: Oracle 10g client on Win XP Home

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_JUNKTHISBIT.Bountiful.Demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:38:58 +0100

On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:11:47 +0100, Fede <fede_at_dont.spam.me.com> wrote:

>Hi,

Greetings from behind the firewall. I found a side exit though :o)

>Long time lurker, first time poster here.

<SNIP>

>Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but I googled and found
>nothing. Basically, I am interested in finding out whether anybody
>else has tried the Oracle 10g client on XP Home and found problems
>with it, apart from the obvious fact that it is not supported and,
>should anything go wrong, Oracle Tech Support will tell me to get
>lost.

I've got XP Home on my laptop and so far, 10G is quite happily running along. As you are aware, you won't get support on XP Home because it isn't (yet?) a supported platform.

But then again, I'm also running it on Mandrake Linux 10 which isn't supprted either. If this was a production system I wouldn't be taking any chances with my data !

Cheers,
Norman.

>TIA
>
>Fede
>
>Federica Massagrande
>fede_at_dont.spam.me.com (dont.spam.me := fedef1)

Remove the obvious bit to reply to my email address. Received on Mon May 17 2004 - 11:38:58 CDT