Re: Database Report Generator - beta testers needed

From: Wolfgang Rochow <contactme_at_mysignatureline.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:14:58 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:40a74301$0$3032$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> D Rolfe wrote:
>
> > Howard,
> >

> >> If you don't have a beta account and password, that address is not
> >> visible. Care to cut and paste the actual content? Or mail it.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> HJR
> >

> > From the original posting:
> >
> >> The details are on our website: www.gestalt.com/Scribe (temporary
> >> location).
> >>
> >> User: guest
> >> Password: star
> >

> > DR
> >

> Worse, you *did* cut and paste the content, only I didn't realise it.
>
> Yes, no joins is not just a show-stopper, but absolutely terminal. I
> never got as far as successfully installing (it is what I would call
> intrusive, asking for personal details it has no right to ask, and
> taking a hardware inventory of the machine it's installed on so you
> can't repeat install on multiple machines -which might be OK for a
> production system, but is defintiely OTT for a beta).

We appreciated your prior complaint about our method of the beta distribution which was also raised by a number of other would-be-testers. We have listened and made modifications so that "blind" non-intrusive downloads are now possible.

Wolfgang
contactwolfgang_at_gestalt.com (remove contact to email) www.gestalt.com