Re: safe to delete 'old' archive logs?

From: Noel <tomekb_at_softman.pl>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:03:40 +0200

I think, since archive logs are on the tapes it is save to remove it from disk(s).
Archive logs are useful when database can't stand up. If you've been doing 'cold' backups, then you can restore database from last succesful
'cold' backup then recover rest from archive logs. Archive logs done till last 'cold' backup might be useless...

I did a view succesful restores that way (7.1.3.4 database).

--
TomekB