Re: Oracle 9i PL/SQL Collection Question

From: Aaron Rouse <aaron_rouse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2004 07:35:43 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1084657398.145929_at_yasure>...

> Far too much code for me to take the time to read and understand it.
>
> Suffice it to say that unless you are being paid by the hour ... I
> still can't understand the point of anything more than a simple:
>
> SELECT .....
> INTO x, y, z
> FROM .......
> WHERE ......
>
> Then rather than using a function return the three values as OUT
> parameters from a stored proc.

If I were to spit out the three values via a stored procedure then would I be able to select from those values or should I just quit over complicating it and plug those three values into a table, select the item I need, then truncate it for the next go around. Received on Sun May 16 2004 - 09:35:43 CDT