Re: recover standby database but got this ora message

From: yls177 <yls177_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 May 2004 05:06:11 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<lakca0djl92dqgj308jt55aul0ilta3qo9_at_4ax.com>...
> On 15 May 2004 08:26:54 -0700, yls177_at_hotmail.com (yls177) wrote:
>
> >ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get
> >error below
> >ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
> >

> >hi, my standy database is in sync with production, however, i got the
> >above message after the sync is complete. please advise
> >
> >my archive log list for both instances gives the same log number
> >
> >details of what i did as belows
> >
> >1) being backup mode of tablespaces of the production database
> >2) rcp the datafiles to the standby database
> >3) create a standby controlfile of the production and copy over to
> >standby
> >4) start standby database with nomount option
> >
> >then i got the error which i posted in the first thread.
> >
> >anything amiss?
> >
> >also, in my alert file
> >
> >ARC0: Begin FAL archive (thread 1 sequence 114491 destination standby)
> >ARC0: FAL archive, source redo log file not found:
> >/oracle/SID/saparch/SIDarch1_114491.dbf
> >Errors in file /oracle/SID/saptrace/background/SID_arc0_1101978.trc:
> >ORA-19505: failed to identify file
> >"/oracle/SID/saparch/SIDarch1_114491.dbf"
> >ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
> >IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2: No such file or directory
> >Additional information: 3
> >ARC0: FAL archive failed, see trace file.
> >ARCH: FAL archive failed. Archiver continuing
> >ORACLE Instance SID - Archival Error. Archiver continuing.
> >ARCH: Connecting to console port...
> >ORA-16055: FAL request rejected
> >ARCH: Connecting to console port...
> >Errors in file /oracle/SID/saptrace/background/SID_arc0_1101978.trc:
> >ORA-16055: FAL request rejected
> >

> >in SID_arc0_1101978.trc, i have found that basically, it is asking me
> >for log files that are past the archive log list given.
> >

> >finally,
> >actually, the cause of the errros above is because i do the below
> >
> >1) being backup mode for tablespaces
> >2) rcp
> >3) end backup mode
> >4) create standby controlfile
> >5) startup
> >6) got these errors
> >

> >so i changed to the below
> >1) create standby controlfile
> >2) being bacup mode for tablespaces
> >3)rcp
> >4) end backup mode for tablespaces
> >5) startup
> >6) result: beautiful
> >

> >comments?
>
> Obviously you are not following published procedures.
> You didn't copy over the redolog files
> and you didn't issue the
> recover standby database
> statement.
> The message in the alert occurs *because* you didn't copy over the
> redolog files.
> Your backup is a hot backup. The hot backup will create redolog files
> which you are missing out.
>
> On 8.1.7.4 and higher
> </rant>WHY IS IT SO DAMN DIFFICULT TO INCLUDE A VERSION NUMBER IN YOUR
> [...]

sure.. i copied the origlog* and mirrlog* files and issued recover standby database too. the difference that i noticed is when i created controlfile as i wrote earlier. the second method of creating the control file works whereas the first method will gave these errors.. and thus, this is when i am not sure Received on Sun May 16 2004 - 07:06:11 CDT