Re: Using FGAC for implementing history

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 08:15:37 +0000 (UTC)

Note in-line

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated May 1st

"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You can 'fiddle' with the 9i using a parameter like
> "_dynamic_security_predicate" (or something akin to that), but you're
> still stuck with that 'all or nothing' approach

_dynamic_rls_policies = true / false I tried FALSE some time ago. It made the predicate function fire once - just once - per parent cursor. A bit like bind variable peeking: whoever executed the SQL statement first had their security predicate attached to it, then everyone else ran the statement with the same predicate. Not very secure.