Re: Oracle 9i RAC JDBC listener connection load balancing

From: Joe Weinstein <joeNOSPAM_at_bea.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:53:16 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On 14 May 2004 00:22:30 -0700, mccmx_at_hotmail.com (Matt) wrote:
>

>>As far as I know TAF doesn't support thin JDBC connections....

> So what?

The thin driver is superior in reliability. Bugs in OCI can kill a JVM, and some customer's java programs are equally important to their DBMS. Also, the thin driver is prefered because it is self-sufficient, and can be installed and run anywhere there's a JVM, without the platform-specific, large, and to-be-managed Oracle client package.

    The real issue is that TAF isn't. At least not for the general JDBC client (thin or thick).
Regards,
Joe Weinstein at BEA