Re: Oracle 9i RAC JDBC listener connection load balancing

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:21:48 -0700

Matt wrote:

> As far as I know TAF doesn't support thin JDBC connections....
>

>>Oracle Net comes with Transparent Application Failover and Load
>>balancing, suitable for RAC. Exactly what you need!
>>Please read those manuals prior to resorting to your own 'solution'
>>(which won't be supported by Oracle)

Then you don't know a lot.

TAF is supported by JDBC ... just not by the thin client.

BTW: The TAF demo created by Oracle is built using JDeveloper. How do you think it connects to the database?

For anyone wanting the TAF code ... it is available from the home page of the Puget Sound Oracle Users Group (http://www.psoug.org).

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu