Re: ORACLE DBA

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 May 2004 15:00:15 -0700

"Oradba Linux" <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<BAyoc.79104$Ik.5853035_at_attbi_s53>...
> <daves1140_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > ORACLE DBA
> >

> > Location: RALEIGH, NC USA
> > Salary: 42K to 52K
> > Contact Email: Don_at_objectsearch.com
> > www.objectsearch.com
> >

> > Job Description:
> >
> > Oracle Database Administrator - M-F/Nights 11:30 pm - 7:30 am - Oracle
> > DBA with strong Production Operations experience, the candidate must
> > have Oracle DBA Productions Operations environment. The focus is the
> > delivery of database administration and management services to
> > production Oracle applications across the widely diverse
> > infrastructure, which includes multiple platforms utilizing Windows NT
> > Server on distributed server platforms, Sun Unix, and IBM's MVS.
> > Primary communications will be via TCP/IP protocols and services.
> >

> > Work to be Performed:
> >
> > Administer Oracle RDBMS, ability to read, direct, and or provide
> > technical efforts, support staff in the development of standards,
> > processes,and etc. And perform other duties in support as directed.
> >

> > Required Skills:
> >
> > 5+ years with Oracle, Strong Production Operations DBA's with
> > Production support. 5+ years of IT working experience in the United
> > States is a requirement.
> >

> Just check out the work to be performed and time to be performed . Which IT
> shop
> in the world develop standards from 11:30 pm - 7:30 am .
> Good Luck !!

Well, the post couldn't be more clear that it is for ops, so obviously they need an experienced warm body to take command if there is a problem, and need to get some work out of them besides. What I find much more troubling is the daves... email, it looks like someone out to get some poor headhunter by forging a post. Or maybe the guy is just too clueless to understand what it shows us about his personal life.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Seinfeld