Re: Synchronous writes & TEMP

From: Karsten Schmidt <groups_at_karsten-schmidt.com>
Date: 14 May 2004 12:13:59 -0700

What's the point in using async i/o for temp? you are using the temp tablespace from your session when you run out of ram (i.e. sort_area_size etc..)

You can only continue processing when the write to temp is finished, and the memory is free. So if you were using async i/o to write to the temp segment, what would your session be doing while the write operation is ongoing? -- waiting for it to finished.

Karsten