Oracle 10g client on Win XP Home

From: Fede <fede_at_dont.spam.me.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:11:47 +0100

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

The Oracle 10g client pre-installation documentation guide states that the client software requires Windows XP Professional.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/B10131_01/pre_install.htm#sthref33

Since I am still waiting for XP Professional to be delivered (long story, you don't want to know) and I like to live dangerously, I have installed it on Windows XP Home a couple of weeks ago. So far, everything seems to work fine (Enterprise Manager, SQL*PLus, networking, happily connects to the database on the server etc).

Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but I googled and found nothing. Basically, I am interested in finding out whether anybody else has tried the Oracle 10g client on XP Home and found problems with it, apart from the obvious fact that it is not supported and, should anything go wrong, Oracle Tech Support will tell me to get lost.

TIA Fede

Federica Massagrande
fede_at_dont.spam.me.com (dont.spam.me := fedef1) Received on Fri May 14 2004 - 06:11:47 CDT