Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Greg D. Moore \(Strider\) <mooregr_deleteth1s_at_greenms.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 03:12:19 GMT

"Quirk" <quirk_at_syntac.net> wrote in message news:4e20d3f.0405130341.8761e58_at_posting.google.com...
> "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" <mooregr_deleteth1s_at_greenms.com> wrote in
message news:<0wBoc.183156$M3.141910_at_twister.nyroc.rr.com>...

> > I'm curious about this terrible OS you refer to. I know the one I use
is
> > stable, hasn't crashed on me once for SQL Server on 1/2 dozen machines
for
> > 4+ years and so far has not succumbed to any security holes. Or is this
> > just blatant bias?
>
> Eeek. Someone actually wants me to discuss Windows.
>
> If you're really interested in learning, which I doubt, read this:

No, I don't seem to be the one who has the closed mind.

> http://kirch.net/unix-nt
>
> "Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist in the enterprise would
> be a topic appropriate for an investigative report in the field of
> psychology or marketing, not an article on information technology."

Interesting, but not the OS in question.

Thanks for playing troll.

> -- John Kirch, Networking Consultant and Microsoft Certified
> Professional
>
> NOTE TO SELF: remember to notice when groups like
> comp.databases.ms-sqlserver are in the newsgroup list and remove them
> in replies, lets at least maintain //some// level of quality in these
> discussions.

Yes, we would rather keep the level of discussion professional and based on facts, so please, in the future excuse yourself. Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 22:12:19 CDT