Re: Oracle 10g on Linux kernel 2.6

From: David Giles <not.on_at_your.nelly>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 01:01:08 +0100

Steve wrote:

> Works fine for me on RedHat Fedora/2.6.4 with 1GB memory.
>
> You may want to use ipcs to investigate/clean your available memory???
>
> Here's the relevant bit from sysctl.conf
>
> # Oracle stuff...
> kernel.shmmax = 2147483648
> kernel.shmmni = 4096
> kernel.shmall = 2097152
> kernel.sem = 256 32000 100 142
> fs.file-max = 131072
> net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1024 65000
>
> # Oracle 10g stuff
> kernel.msgmax = 8192
> kernel.msgmnb = 65535
> kernel.msgmni = 2878
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Steve.
> PS. Anyone got Enterprise Manager to start installing??? Mine fails
> 'Checking Operating System Certification', saying I have 0MB of RAM
> available! Something changed in /proc/meminfo???

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. Strangely, I've since managed to create a (smallish ~ 200MB SGA) database manually, but the DBCA still refuses to play ball.

I'll run it again and check with IPCS to try and figure out what it's up to, but for now at least I'm back up and running again..!

Not sure about EM, though...

Thanks,
Dave Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 19:01:08 CDT