Re: Oracle 9i RAC on Windows or Unix (AIX)

From: Demetris <DMina_at_laiki.com>
Date: 13 May 2004 01:05:46 -0700

Daniel, i would like to thank you for your response! Let me be a bit more specific!
I have several oracle system (8.0.4.0.0 on WinNT4, 8.1.7.0.0 Win2K, 8.1.7.4.0 AIX5, 8.1.7.4.1 Win2k, 9.2.0.1.0 WinNT4) The system above are OLTP systems.
I have another system coming that will be sitting (that is the plan) on ORacle9i RAC. Windows here is the preferred platform so far.

Now, i need someplace to start and see based on the above how can I proceed with consolidating the several oracle platforms. Have in mind here that ORACLE can be upgraded (the old versions) to Oracle9i except the one on AIX.

The aim is to reduce the servers (thus the cost), have better administration, and high availability of the systems. Currently none of the systems are high available.

thanks