Re: PL/SQL performance question

From: Chris <christian.antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: 13 May 2004 00:28:04 -0700

Hi Marcel

> Would it be faster to have an on-insert trigger do
> this at record level or to have a procedure that will run once all records
> are stored in the table?

With a trigger you cannot use direct load, therefore I'll not use this solution!

If you are using 9i you should try to perform the load/tranformation with external tables and table functions. The advantage is that you can tranform your data on the fly with having to modify when it has already been inserted.

Chris Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 02:28:04 CDT