Re: Rman and Insufficient Privileges Error

From: Crus <alvin_hwl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:15:44 +0800

You might need to find out whether the vendor has created the catalog for you.
If not, either you can create the catalog (make sure the catalog is located in a separate db and not within the same machine as your production db) or you can use RMAN to do the backup without the catalog. If no catalog is used, you can carry out the RMAN work in your production server using an account with SYSDBA privilege such as
rman target / nocatalog

Alvin