Re: Which Linux OS

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 12 May 2004 01:58:56 -0700

Phil Britton <phil_at_phil-britton.com> wrote in message news:<m3y8ny61sm.fsf_at_lump.ukfsn.org>...
> "Gerald S." <gerald.stephens_at_NO-SPAM.sympatico.ca> writes:
>
> > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux?
> >
> > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval,
> > or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS?
> >

> I had absoluetly no problems installing 10g on Fedora Core 1. I
> imagine it installs just as well on Mandrake or Whitebox as well.

I think you can install 10G on almost everything with a penguin inside. However, I was very unsuccesfull (and disappointed) while trying to install Oracle 9i (9.2) with the RAC option on Fedora Core 1.

--
Dusan Bolek

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email is going to
be burnt as a SPAM.