ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: TerryH <terryhandel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 May 2004 21:38:29 -0700

Hi =- Wondering is any can help:

I have a True 64 Environment running Oracle 8.1.7

I have got three exact box, differing IP's and hostnames.

I am trying to refresh one of my Databases, and have succesfully before by copying the oracle(home) and data across to another box (dump and restore)

I have tried two options to bring up and test my Database: 1: has been to change its hostname to reflect that of the box that I copied it from.
2: Kept the host name as is, and changed the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora to relfect itself.

Result:

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Either way I come up with the error above.

I hacve looked into basic network settings and have changes - host files and rc.config to reflect the correct entries.....

I have recreated / checked links etc, and I am not thinking this to be the error. I thik the error is OS specific - but for the life of me - loooost.

I have checked the ora(sid) occounts , dba groups etc, and all appear as they should.

Any ideas Would be greatly appreciated. Received on Tue May 11 2004 - 23:38:29 CDT