Re: Minimum Files to Clone a Database

From: Mike Blocker <mrb456_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:51:46 -0500

Sure it is. We've done it many times before but usually we copy all the related database files. What I mean by snapshot is an extra mirror is added to the disk, all the tablespaces are placed in backup mode, the mirror is split or detached, then the tablespaces are taken out of backup mode. The detached mirror is then mounted on an alternate system. My question is really about the indices. Can they be rebuilt from "scratch". In other words, to the database it will appear as though all the disks that contain index files are missing.

Mike