Re: Features not supported in oracle 9.2

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:04:08 +1000

Joel Garry wrote:

> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96530/migcompa.htm#1010632

Curious, this one:

"The Oracle9i installation includes the following two scripts for creating a table that stores exceptions from enabling constraints: utlexcpt.sql and utlexpt1.sql. The utlexpt1.sql script can be run on index-organized tables as well as regular tables, while the utlexcpt.sql script can be run only on regular tables, but not on index-organized tables.

In Oracle9i, you must always run the utlexpt1.sql script."

I wish they'd have clarified what they meant by that last sentence, because it isn't true as it stands (well, I've never had a problem with just plain old utlexcpt.sql in 9i). Obviously, if you want to do it for an IOT, you need the UROWID which utlexpt1.sql gives you, but for heap tables, I find the old script works just fine.

So whatever can they have meant by saying "you MUST always run...."?

Or have I missed something?

Regards
HJR Received on Tue May 11 2004 - 20:04:08 CDT