Re: Trying to compare E450 to Intel Server

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:43:51 GMT

Leach wrote:

> But, looking at the Oracle store, I don't see the plain Standard Edition
> anymore. Anyone know if they got rid of it? It's still listed in the
> user minimums, but I don't see it otherwise.

Don't know which Oracle Store you are looking at, but the Canadian http://oraclestore.oracle.com clearly shows the Standard Edition as the first entry under the 'Database' tab.

However, it's not shown under the 'home' page - you have to click on the database tab.

Never-the-less, the OP specifically asked for Enterprise Edition. That suggests they have a specific reason in mind. They might need a specific HA feature or a specific option. Or (as I've occasionally seen) they base it on the recommendation by a 3rd party vendor who simply doesn't know better.

/Hans Received on Tue May 11 2004 - 17:43:51 CDT