Re: Rman and Insufficient Privileges Error

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:05:21 +0200

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:08:00 GMT, "Mark Brown" <mbrown_at_echd.nospam.org> wrote:

>I don't seem to have a password for sys.

connect target /
should work

in sql*plus
sqlplus /nolog
connect / as sysdba
should get you in
Then
alter user sys identified by password;
(without quotes)
>How do I connect with a catalog and how do I select the right catalog?

connect catalog <username>/<password>

the catalog is usually located in the user rman or rcat

Please do not expect this forum to abstract the fulll rman docs for you.
They are online at http://tahiti.oracle.com

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA