why is a simple query parsed always?

From: utkanbir <hopehope_123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 May 2004 07:59:13 -0700

Hi ,

I am monitoring the sql trace files (event 10046) , what i realized is it seems my sql statements are always parsed . At last i tried to run select * from dual in same session several times , and each time when i run the query it is parsed again. Why dont i reuse queries?

This is the trace file output after rendering it by using tkprof:

SELECT *
FROM
 DUAL

call     count       cpu    elapsed       disk      query    current
     rows

------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
Parse        4      0.00       0.00          0          0          0
        0
Execute      4      0.00       0.00          0          0          0
        0
Fetch        4      0.00       0.00          0         12          0
        4

total       12      0.00       0.00          0         12          0
        4

Misses in library cache during parse: 1
Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
Parsing user id: 46

Kind Regards,
hope Received on Tue May 11 2004 - 09:59:13 CDT