Re: Rows Data

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:13:10 GMT

"David" <dacon_at_medinet-igd.com> wrote in message news:c7nqnc$i8t$1_at_nsnmpen3-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
> Hello,
>
> Knows anybody how i can move data from a row to another row in the same
> table?
>
> row A Data
> 1
> 2
> 3
>
> Move to row B (empy)
>
> I think that I can rename the rows, how i can do it?
>
> I'm using Oracle 8.1.7
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> David

David,

I am confused by your use of the term, 'ROW': especially in regards to renaming and moving data between them.

According to the Glossary of the "Oracle 10G Database Concepts" manual, a row is "Set of attributes or values pertaining to one entity or record in a table. A row is a collection of column information corresponding to a single record." (Glossary-17).

I can uniquely identify a row by adding the primary key constraint to the table. If that is what you mean by naming, then you would the UPDATE statement to change the primary key value.

Douglas Hawthorne Received on Mon May 10 2004 - 07:13:10 CDT