Re: Transportable Tablespace Backup Process.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 22:51:20 -0700

Louis Frolio wrote:

>>Have you gone to http:tahiti.oracle.com and read the documentation?
>>Have you tried it on a test box?
>>
>>Why are you asking us?

> Let me ask you why you have to come back with a sny useless remark?
> There could be a multitude of reasons why I cannot test it? Please,
> do me and everyone in this forum a favor and refrain from your
> ignorant response "Why are you asking us?" (you don't speak for all
> here)

No I don't. Everyone else just ignored you and I did you the courtesy of telling you why.

If you have no test box you have no business doing anything related to testing a new backup process. And you definitely have access to the internet so no excuse for not looking it up yourself.

The point of my post is that we are all volunteers here and you somehow seem to expect we are just doing this to help people too lazy to help themselves: In that you are most incorrect.

After you've read the documentation ... ask specific questions. Then you will find that I, and others, will gladly help you.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu