Re: Transportable Tablespace Backup Process.

From: Louis Frolio <froliol_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 May 2004 20:15:59 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1083972519.662169_at_yasure>...
> Louis Frolio wrote:
>
> > Greeting All, here is my question.
> >
> > If I do a TTS backup of say 10 tablespaces and they are all self
> > contained can I plug only of them into another database or do I have
> > to plug them all in? When I do the export I list out the tablespaces
> > I want to transport:
> >
> > exp userid=\"sys/pass as sysdba\" file=/tmp/tts_backup.dmp
> > transport_tablespace=y tablespaces=pat_claim, lou_claim
> > statistics=none
> >

> > If I want to import both the tablespaces the import statement would
> > look like:
> >
> > imp \"sys/pass as sysdba\" file=/tmp/tts_backup.dmp
> > transport_tablespace=Y
> > datafiles=/oracle/oradata/tprod/PAT_claim01.dbf,
> > /oracle/oradata/lou_claim.dbf statistics = none
> >
> > The gist of my question is what if I only wanted to import
> > lou_claim.dbf, what would the import statement look like? I tried
> > with:
> >
> > imp \"sys/pass as sysdba\" file=/tmp/tts_backup.dmp
> > transport_tablespace=Y datafiles=/oracle/oradata/lou_claim.dbf
> > tablespaces=LOU statistics = none
> >
> > and it failed because it tried to import PAT_CLAIM as well and the
> > target DB was not prepped with the appropriate SCHEMA information for
> > that tablespace.

> Have you gone to http:tahiti.oracle.com and read the documentation?
> Have you tried it on a test box?
>
> Why are you asking us?

Let me ask you why you have to come back with a sny useless remark? There could be a multitude of reasons why I cannot test it? Please, do me and everyone in this forum a favor and refrain from your ignorant response "Why are you asking us?" (you don't speak for all here) if you do not have a reasonable and informative response to a question. The reason I ask here is to hope that others have had a similar situation and could shed some light on the issue, perhaps adding other information that cannot be immediately gleened from the documenation.

Louis Received on Sun May 09 2004 - 22:15:59 CDT