Re: ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 16:27:20 -0700

D wrote:

> I am getting the space quota exceeded error, ORA-01536, however I'm
> getting it incorrectly. I never used oracle quotas for any user. To
> humor oracle, I set every user to unlimited tablespace and that had no
> effect on the database. All users are affected by this, including the
> schema owner. What I have is one schema owner and a dozen users who
> fall under two roles. I want to set all the rights at the role level
> if possible.
>
> I fixed this problem last year but can't figure out what I did. I
> remember I found out that we received this message in error, possibly
> related to schema owners...
>
> This problem occurs when I try to enable some constraints or insert
> data.
>
> I am not a DBA, I am a developer who works with DBAs.
>
> Don

Oracle version?
Oracle edition?
Hardware?
Operating system?
How much disk space is left unused?
What are the DBAs doing while a developer is doing their job for them? Or at least attempting to do so.

Personally I'd fire the DBAs just for having given you the privilege to be doing this ... and that's not even beginning to get to the question of why they aren't doing it themselves. Throw it back at them and get back to development.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu