Re: Index management

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 21:15:31 +1000

http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid13_gci962948,00.html

> :) (article is about Date for those who don't want to click there)

I see "best-selling author" Celko is also there. Now, if there was a contest between Celko and DB, my money would be on the later winning on relevance... But anyways, Fabian and Chris do a super job exposing that one.

> I thought the tenet was "the order is not guaranteed" as opposed to
> "reordering must not be done."

Well spotted. Very much so.

> Still wondering if that stuff is archived anywhere. I thought it was
> run by Michael mumblesomebodyfromminneapolis...

Dunno. My OS2 disk is long gone, where I stored it all. Pity: I should have held on to it if nothing else, for fun.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto