Re: Backup trends (2): HOT or COLD

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 11:24:31 +0100

"Norman Dunbar" <norman.dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:3078e2fe.0405070005.34ba856f_at_posting.google.com...

> At work, I'm behind the firewall from hell which actually stops me
> from accessing the databases I need to look after, use most of the
> internet, receive news, use web mail. Google, thankfully, is not
> affected - unless I try to translate a page when I get told off by the
> Web Police program. I can't download anyhting over 5 Mb in size - so
> no patch kits, hence 9.2.0.1 :o)

I suspect you may have the same web police program that I once came across that blocked the translation facility for google on the grounds that it allowed searching for terrorist sites (how to make a bomb etc), but not google itself thus I can only read bomb-making instructions in english :(

As far as patches goes I'd request them on CD.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA