ER question

From: bcjm <oldcar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2004 13:46:25 -0700

Say you have two tables, emp and dept. emp has dept_id foreign key which references dept table. What if I need to tract who is the department head? Do you add the emp_id to the dept table or do you create a indicator flag field in the emp table? Which way is better and why. Hope my question is clear.

Thanks Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 15:46:25 CDT