Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:19:07 -0700

rkusenet wrote:
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote
>

>>If the same specs were handed to me as are sent to Bangalore ... I could easily
>>beat the Indians at their own game: Delivering better quality at the
>>same cost in less time.

> For everyone like you, there are equally arrogant Indians who claim that
> majority of Americans in the IT field are DUMB.

Equally arrogant? No! They'd be absolutely correct. The fact that the majority of anything, anywhere, is dumb is not going to surprise anyone, anywhere, at any time.

That doesn't mean that the minority doesn't do a damned good job of keeping things running. You have looked at a set of indisputable facts and drawn a totally erroneous conclusion.

> Anyhow IMO it is the oracle folks who have to worry the most, because India
> has a huge pool of oracle savvy developers. Larry Ellison realized it years
> ago. he opened up a centre in bangalore in early 1990s when outsourcing was
> at a nascent stage. Today Oracle India is a significant cog in their wheel.

I wouldn't even attempt to compete with the Indians, or the Chinese, or the Russians, or even the Australians in their area of competence. That doesn't mean they are competent at all things in all places.

You seem to leap from small facts to large conclusions with little critical thinking in between.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)