Re: Maybe we did some good here....

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_tbigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 12:50:46 GMT

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:uL6mc.27544$IG1.1170010_at_attbi_s04...
> Richard Foote wrote:
>

> > So I guess my question (now that I know everything is being read) is has
> > there been a decision to not support these forums as they were
previously
> > and is the implicit obligation for someone at Oracle to respond to
questions
> > raised in these forums no longer applicable ?
> >
> It's the other way around. I don't think there is an implicit obligation
> for someone at Oracle to respond to questions raised in this forum.
> These public forums were never explicitly supported by Oracle, so any
> answers you get from Oracle people has always been largely on their own
> initiative (and time). As to why individual contributors are no longer
> as active as before - I think you would have to ask them all
individually.

> I do covet Microsoft's MVP program however, and have often considered if
> something similar could be done for the Oracle community -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Hi Mark,

As Niall has said, I think you misunderstood my original question. My discussion was regarding the forums on Metalink, not these newsgroups. I think Oracle needs to sort it's own forums out before worrying about being involved elsewhere.

Cheers

Richard Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 07:50:46 CDT