Re: OCP - Finish the 8i exams or startover on 9i track

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:21:43 +1000

Matt wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<4099592c$0$25012$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
>

>>Matt wrote:
>>

>>>Definately finish the 8i stuff first, then upgrade to 9i....
>>>
>>>Reason: You won't have to pay for an official Oracle training course
>>>if you upgrade 8i to 9i...
>>>
>>>If you do the 9i track from scratch you must attend and pay for a 2000
>>>pound course...
>>
>>Are you certain about that? I seem to recall that anyone wanting 9i
>>certification upgrade *had* to attend the 9i new features course (which
>>is actually worth the 2000 pounds, actually).
>>
>>It's been a while since I cared about certification one way or another,
>>though, so it could just be my brain cells mis-firing.
>>
>>Regards
>>HJR
>

> Yeah, I contacted Oracle directly and got the official word that you
> dont need to pay for a course when upgrading...

Fair enough.

> However you are right, the courses are well worth the money,

I was a bit more careful with my choice of words than that ;-). The 9i New Features course is worth the money. So is DBA Fundamentals I and II. But Performance Tuning is a bit of a different matter. It depends entirely on who you get to teach it, I think.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 04:21:43 CDT