Re: Performance Issue (8i to 9i migration)

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 18:34:51 +1000

kong wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Seems that 8i to 9i migration give me a big shock.
> While we were using 8i, it took 2minutes to execute a package/view.
> But 9i takes more than 3 hours..
> It doesn't make sense.

Well it doesn't if one doesn't have a clue what is going on. What was the execution plan in 8i, and what is the execution plan in 9i?

Comparing execution plans is the only real basis for determining performance issues. Anything else is just short-cuttery and voodoo.

> So, I'm wondering is there any thing i've missed out?
> For example some queries can not run in proper way as it is in 8i?
> Or, there are major changes in queries that i need to do?

Execution plans, please. Otherwise it will just be guesswork.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 03:34:51 CDT