Re: Finding where Oracle is consuming memory

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:44:20 +0100

I suspect the answer is Oracle version and or parameter dependent.

The instance and all processes connecting to the db will use memory - the sga is just one component of the memory usage of the server. Give us a clue

what Oracle version?

sort_area_size and retained size, number of sessions, pga_aggregate_target etc etc.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA