Re: oracle scan log script

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 May 2004 12:34:29 -0700

Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote in message news:<eamh90te2e35knk5bdmnh0mu7s1rcoq5e0_at_4ax.com>...
> Ahh, now we're getting somewhere. Your problem isn't "how to write a
> script to scan the alert log." It is "how to get notified (in
> something resembling a timely manner when something goes wrong."
> On 4 May 2004 17:40:46 -0700, tpreto7_at_sapo.pt (Teresa) wrote:
>
> >Hello and Thank you
> >
> >I'm only looking for a general unix script that can scan the oracle
> >alert.log file for any kind of oracle error's. For the output it
> >would be an email whenever there is something 'odd' writte to the log.

If Ed's interpretation of Teresa's request is correct (immediately notified of some error in alert.log), then maybe my tail -f | perl ... method can help. Check it out at
http://rootshell.be/~yong321/computer/logfile.html. The first section "How to get alert by reading log files".

Yong Huang Received on Wed May 05 2004 - 14:34:29 CDT