Re: Maybe we did some good here....

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 09:45:03 -0700

Mark Townsend wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>> no way intended in minimize the huge contributions made by
>> Tom Kyte, Mark Townsend, Peter Shaman and other Oracle employees

> Well - I'd hardly categorize my contribution as huge. I prefer to lurk
> reasonably silently, particularly on this newsgroup, and I don't go out
> of my way to answer technical questions, as I would probably get it
> wrong, and they tend to be done well answered here anyhow (even if the
> NG is a little harsh with newbies). I'm more active however on some of
> the other DB newsgroups, especially helping clear up any FUD about
> Oracle :-)
>
> However, everything that comes across this NG (in particular) IS being
> read, and where possible, practical and prudent, IS being acted on. Some
> of the recent citations lately would include the 9.2.0.4 patch problem,
> Linux installation documentation, and, indeed, the recent Metalink
> feedback.

Contribution meant from the standpoint that every time you have been informed of an issue at Oracle ... you have taken on resolving it.

Your contributions inside the company are as valuable, if not more so, than would be any contribution made here on usenet.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu