Re: Maybe we did some good here....

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 14:21:14 GMT

Richard Foote wrote:

> So I guess my question (now that I know everything is being read) is has
> there been a decision to not support these forums as they were previously
> and is the implicit obligation for someone at Oracle to respond to questions
> raised in these forums no longer applicable ?

It's the other way around. I don't think there is an implicit obligation for someone at Oracle to respond to questions raised in this forum. These public forums were never explicitly supported by Oracle, so any answers you get from Oracle people has always been largely on their own initiative (and time). As to why individual contributors are no longer as active as before - I think you would have to ask them all individually.

I do covet Microsoft's MVP program however, and have often considered if something similar could be done for the Oracle community - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Received on Wed May 05 2004 - 09:21:14 CDT